Ever find yourself really wishing you had more time to get ready for Christmas... December just seems to SNEAK up on you? Well, maybe we can make a difference... together!

Saturday, September 25, 2010

90 days.... OH MY!!!

BUT.... if you are pushing to really "ENJOY YOUR CHRISTMAS".... 
you only have 65 days until the FUN begins.... 
ARE YOU READY!?!?!?! 

I've been checkin' my list the past few weeks - and TRYING really hard to ORGANIZE my thoughts... my ideas....my projects! I think I may need some meds or something... I can't seem to stay FOCUSED!  My projects are all about me... here and there... everywhere! (Not to mention that I just can't be content with what I HAVE to get done... I keep thinking about SOMETHING else that I can do and should do and want to do .... )  WAIT! Didn't I do something a while back about BUDGET!  Agh!  Guess I better go back and have a TUNE UP done!  AGH! 

So... this weekend... it is my WEEKEND! I'm going to gather and start my "complete" pile... my "finish" pile... and my START pile... ok - "START" ideas.... I'm afraid it is going to be a taunting task... but I must accomplish it! 

Here are a few things that I'm working on..... 

I have been crocheting "toppers" on dish towels for MONTHS! MONTHS I tell you! It has been a challenge to say the least! BUT I am proud to say - I am nearly there!!! I only have a few more to do - and then it will be WRAPPING time! I'm getting soooo excited!  I love WRAPPING about as much as I love CHRISTMAS!  I love to create "too pretty to open" packages!  I'm not much of a "sack" or "bag" lover... but yes... I will confess... I do fall into that "stuff it" mood every now and again... BUT NEVER FOR CHRISTMAS!  No Siree! :)  I have made about 8 sets of 12 towels (one for each month... with the exception of February and March... I'm having a hard time finding Valentines or St Patty's right now... not sure why... :) ) Then I have about 6 sets that are just seasonal (Winter,Spring, Summer & Fall) and still working on finishing my 30 December Towels.... BUT I'm almost there!  :)
Then I have another project.... Table runners... One for each month plus a BIRTHDAY one!  They are so dang cute (and easy....) Because IF you really know me... you KNOW I do not sew!  My philosophy has always been "If it ain't hot glued... I don't do it!" .... BUT... I think I have found that I really REALLY enjoy sewing... as long as it is straight lines only... (not that I sew straight... but there are no "curvey-curves" so it is a tad bit easier for me....(I would LOVE to post pics... but.... you know my sad, sad, sad, story.... : (  )

I also have a way EASY apron... and I've got several in the makings.... 
Then... there is my recipe book... it has been a WORK in progress for a couple years now - and I have decided that it is just time to be done!  It is getting SO SUPER big!  I was tired of having my favorite recipes all over the place ... so I've compliled all my FAV'S and made a book!  Even scrap-booked the "category" pages.... they've been done for over a year... just hadn't gotten the book completed... But I think - ready or not - it's ready!  It is time to take it to the printer and be done!  YEAH!!!! 

Next week I am focusing on finishing my towels, table runners and aprons... 
Getting my book printed ... then assembling the book..... 
So that next month I can concentrate on the next "stack"... 
And Novermber... well it will be about putting it all together... and I'm so excited! 

Let's see how I do! 

OH CRAP! I still have to get my "ADVENT" calendar done.... Better work on that one too nest week! 

How about you... how are things coming for you!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's like CHRISTMAS everyday when I unwrap your kind words! I just LOVE getting secret messages!!! I really have the BEST bloggy friends ever!