Ever find yourself really wishing you had more time to get ready for Christmas... December just seems to SNEAK up on you? Well, maybe we can make a difference... together!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Here comes the WRENCH!


YEP! A wrench!
A BIG FAT wrench has been thrown in my plans.....

I'm working on the forgiving part ~ I really am... :)

Saturday, Nov. 20 marked my VERY last SATURDAY (well, actually my ONLY Saturday in 5 weeks) to get the BULK of my CHRISTMAS done.....
I had a LIST (surprise) of what I needed to accomplish THIS Saturday....


Yes - I'm sure it was a little tiny bit overloaded.... 
but I was determined to get most if not all done! 

I ended up staying up until 4:45 am on Saturday morning... (but I'm ok..) I knew that this was NOT going to be a good sign, but I had talked to Mr. and he KNEW what I needed to get done and I asked him to make sure I was up early so I could get my stuff done! 
WELL...... needless to say - he was being a SUPER KIND hubby - and decided that I NEEDED to sleep (I don't know why! I'm FINE!)  So I somewhat woke up about 9:15am...and continued to just lay there in a "non-coherent" state until 9:30 - at which time - I realized I was LATE for the girls Volley Ball tournament..... AND OH MY GOSH! I so did not have time for this! I must get on the road! THINGS TO DO! SO.... I began to "gather" my hoopla so I could get into the shower - which.... as I was just getting ready to get in - the phone rang and it was Elf #1 telling us that Elf #2 wasn't feeling well, and they needed me to come and get her...... agh....I asked Mr. to go get her.... He said "I need to shower"... ahhh HELLO! What do you think "I" am going to do????  I started to the shower then quickly changed my mind because I knew it would take me a good 30 minutes to get in and out and such - and Elf #2 would be FURIOUS!  So, I got out and put something "decent" on to go to the church house to get her. Mr. nearly ran to the shower at this point..... 
I got stuck doing something for the "dogs".... and then couldn't find my car keys .... 
I went back into the bedroom because I didn't hear the water running anymore and found that Mr.was out of the shower and he walked to the edge of the bed - he was complaining that he was "dizzy" and his head was spinning..... after a few minutes he decided to "lay down" - I made sure he was ok - then left to get Ris -  Upon my return - as I was running frantically because time was "ticking" away rapidly - and with this hair of mine it takes HOURS to dry - I knew I was going to be in for a long day... but a long day of wet hair it was going to have to be....
I walked into the bedroom and Todd says "I need a Nitro".... "WHAT!?!?! You said you were dizzy and light headed - you didn't say ANYTHING about your heart!"
Time: 10:15 am
I give him the nitro - make sure he is good - he assures me that he is and I run to the shower! Hurray as quickly as I can and as I'm drying off I hear a faint "Mrs.!"....  At first I thought I was just being paranoid ... so I continued to dry off.... "MRS!".... I poke my head out the bathroom door - he informs me that he needs another NITRO - it is not working...... 
Time: 10:33 am 
I give him another nitro - 
Run back to the bathroom, get dressed and TRY and brush my hair out.... 
Time: 10:45 am 
He calls me again and said, "Maybe you better call 911".... "REALLY????? SERIOUS??????"
"Well, maybe not, let me just change positions"
He moves around, and slides a pillow between his knees.... 
I return to the bathroom to attempt the snarled mane again...
Time: 10:48
"I think we better go to the hospital:".
 "OK....let's go"
He attempts to sit up and falls back down.... "I can't right now.... I'm out of breathe...." 
Ok.... what to do what to do..... 
Time: 10:50
called 911
Time: 11 something..... 
my bedroom is filled with paramedics, firemen, machines, bags of this that and the other 
and 3 minutes later.... stretcher in the hall.... 
Out the door they go... as I stand here with 3 upset girls....and a very wet mane! oh! And no make up either... SCARY!  Poor prarmedics! I do apologize... but at least I "smelt" clean... I hope.... :) 

SO.... all of a sudden.... my LIST was changed.... 
Did you see anywhere on there 
*SPEND NEXT 3 DAYS IN CVICU???? 

Well, I didn't either, so in order to make me feel that I accomplished SOMETHING on THIS my ONLY Saturday.... I just had to make some changes......

There! 
I feel much better now! 

Other than the fact that I'm not going to be done "CHRISTMASING" by Nov. 30th.... 
Oh well... it could have been so much worse! 
Feeling very blessed and grateful....
I think we'll just enjoy Thanksgiving and THEN we'll think about Christmas.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's like CHRISTMAS everyday when I unwrap your kind words! I just LOVE getting secret messages!!! I really have the BEST bloggy friends ever!