Ever find yourself really wishing you had more time to get ready for Christmas... December just seems to SNEAK up on you? Well, maybe we can make a difference... together!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Simply perfect....

Do you see that??? Just a little over 8 months.....
And oh! I'm getting so super excited!

Getting ORGANIZED is such a LARGE task... BUT it is probably one of the BIGGEST parts of having a successful~ enjoyable ~ relaxing ~ reflecting ~ memorable holiday season...
don't you agree?

As I have said before, I think I'm a bit A.D.D.... it seems that I'm constantly running in circles and frankly getting nowhere - I mean really - unless you are running "STRAIGHT" - you are getting nowhere but dizzy - right?!?! LOL!

During January I was all "GUN-HO!" about getting organized... and I've now discovered that being "ORGANIZED" is not just about sitting down and making an organized plan once... it is a continual process... (I think I've known that - but I forget easily too...)

I recreated my "ORGANIZATIONAL" list and found that it was rather "vague" ... So I broke it down just a little more and now - even more! AND I've set new goals and I'm going to be really STRICT with myself and NOT let my HEAD take control - and get me all side tracked and running in circles... instead - I've made a time line and the time line will be my way of keeping "STRAIGHT' ... ya gotta do what ya gotta do right??

As with anything else in my life, I need to put what is most important to me first. And that is my Savior. I know that when I start my day with showing my gratitude to my Savior my day goes smoother, I'm happier, I get more accomplished and I feel accomplished at the end of the day - so I decided that since my whole purpose to "getting organized" so that I could enjoy the "SEASON", so that I could spend more time focusing on my Savior, and doing as He would do, that I really needed to have HIS help as I plan my upcoming months. I need to focus on taking just a little more time in my studies, prayers and service to others and I know that all of this will come together.... (did that make sense? Did I just ramble in circles??? ... agh - it made sense in my head...)

So... Have you stopped to evaluate just where you are heading - and how you are going to get there - what is the FINAL result you are seeking for? ....

For me... It is to ENJOY the holiday season... To not feel STRESSED - PANICKED - DIS-ORGANIZED... I don't want to be running around chasing my tail every day... I don't want to be GRUMPY!

















I don't want my kids (and anyone else around me) to be reminded of the GRINCH when they think of me....















I want my family to ENJOY being around me... because frankly, I have WONDERFUL visions in my head about the ENJOYABLE HOLIDAY SEASON... (that has yet to come true!)

I want to be able to enjoy my family time and not stressing about all that I need to get done, and how much I could get done if I didn't have to stop....Basically - I want to be DONE! Done with everything - except the "SIMPLE PLEASURES and MAKING MEMORIES that the holiday season is all about." ...

We are just a bit over 8 months and it is time to "EVALUATE"...
Take a look at your "EXPECTATIONS", the "GOALS" you set ...
are they realistic? or are they overwhelming you already?
If you are feeling OVERWHELMED... may I suggest something?....
Take a look and let go of the things that are of LESS importance... not that they "AREN'T" important... but maybe just LESS important... Put them onto you 2012 list... (And yes! I already have a 2012 LIST....) Sometimes I just expect WAY TO MUCH of myself! I don't know WHY I do that... I just do... but, I'm SLOWLY... I said SLLLLOOOWWWWWLLLYYYYYY
trying to FLIP my leaf and KEEP THINGS SIMPLE!

I was born a perfectionist... (I blame my dad! :)) .... and it is time to let some of my "PERFECT VISIONS of myself" ... leave ...because... they just aren't realistic.... and I'm learning that it is OK! I'll never be perfect no matter how hard I try! It just will never happen... so SIMPLIFY! and be PERFECTLY HAPPY with simply perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's like CHRISTMAS everyday when I unwrap your kind words! I just LOVE getting secret messages!!! I really have the BEST bloggy friends ever!