Ever find yourself really wishing you had more time to get ready for Christmas... December just seems to SNEAK up on you? Well, maybe we can make a difference... together!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

This year we had Easter Dinner at home.
It was really nice.
We had my parents join us for dinner and my daughter provided "entertainment" for us.
I can honestly say... I'm pretty sure I have not laughed like that in years!  My stomach muscles (and then some others) got the work out they were not expecting on a Sunday.... oh it was good!

Here is just a "peak" at a few of the things we did for our dinner... and OH MY! I don't know WHY I didn't get a picture of the "FINISHED" table.... not so smart was I!  Oh well... just imagine... :)

 I made these little EDIBLE birds nests
Chocolate, shredded wheat and Cadbury eggs.... 
Can't go wrong with that can ya?

 And then about 11PM Friday Night, I got this IDEA to make these bunnies...
Ended up making 30 wash cloth bunnies....
I decided to use some for the EGG HUNT 
and some for the dinner table on Sunday...
Then we filled a basket with some for a friends family.... 
They were so much fun! 
Well....
There ya have it....

Easter.

My second most favorite holdiay...
Not because of the "chocolate" bunnies
(I'm SO over them :) ) 
but because of the Atonement.

So humbled... to know that someone loved me so much that He literally gave His life for me.
So humbled... to know that someone suffered more than I can even comprehend for not only "MY"  sins, but for all of our sins... I can't even begin to understand the suffering that would have been.
So humbled...to know that "YOU and I" were worth every drop of blood...
I can't even imagine. 
I'm just so humbled.

I hope you all took the opportunity to reflect on what Easter really means to you.
Bless you all.


1 comment:

  1. Sorry I haven't been by for a while...I had a bloggy break but am back to blogging again. So glad you had a lovely Easter. I hope you are enjoying some beautiful warm weather now too.

    Best wishes always,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete

It's like CHRISTMAS everyday when I unwrap your kind words! I just LOVE getting secret messages!!! I really have the BEST bloggy friends ever!