Ever find yourself really wishing you had more time to get ready for Christmas... December just seems to SNEAK up on you? Well, maybe we can make a difference... together!

Friday, January 8, 2010

Start making your list....

I hate budgets... they make me rather ornery! They can be really depressing! BUT! I'm turning over a new leaf and this year - and by dang! I'm stickin' to it!!! Are you ready? Get ready! This is going to be the BEST budget you ever did... and the most important part of MAKING CHRISTMAS COUNT! So......

Here is the second assignment....
Get your little notebook back out.....
Get your pen..... no pencil! That's too easy to cheat!! :)
Get settled in your COMFY chair.... and let's go... It's time to BRAINSTORM!!!!

Title your page... MY LIST
Start by writing down all those wonderful people you are to brighten Christmas morning for...
(spouse, kids, grand~kids...) you get the idea....

Next page: Title.... My Traditional Gift Giving List
This is the list of people that are to be included in your "traditional" gift giving... for example, we draw names on the extended sides of families - mine and hubby's side... so, make your name list of "traditional gift giving"... We also try to do a "SUB FOR SANTA" family or "the 12 days of Christmas" to a family or two... you may want to include these type of "traditions" here as well.

Next page: Title.... Other Gifts
This is the gift list of neighbors, close friends, kids friends, teachers, home teachers, visiting teachers & families, doctors, mailman, etc.... (Sometimes, I refer to these as me "Other WISH gifts... meaning, if the funds are there - then a gift shall be too!! ... but if I'm planned for it! All should be well...)

myspace glitters


Now, go ahead - take a break.... That's enough for today.... BUT, be sure to keep your book handy, you may be inspired, or think of someone, or something else you need to add.... just keep it close and be prepared....

Back tomorrow.... with Step #3


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's like CHRISTMAS everyday when I unwrap your kind words! I just LOVE getting secret messages!!! I really have the BEST bloggy friends ever!