Ever find yourself really wishing you had more time to get ready for Christmas... December just seems to SNEAK up on you? Well, maybe we can make a difference... together!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

A few other projects....

Here are just a few other things I have been working on this past year for gifts....

This project I started last January.... thinking I would SURELY be done with it LONG before Christmas... I was crocheting every extra minute I could... I even kept a crocheting bag in my car so when and if (OK! If is OUT of the question :) ) WHEN I would end up at the hospital, I would have something to do... grand total.... 100 hand towels crocheted! (and a few others that I've given away during the year for gifts - but I don't know how many...) For me, these were "RELAXING" to do!  I love crocheting and it is a "no-thinker" project... and heaven knows I need "NO THINKER" projects!

The hardest part for me was sewing on all the buttons ... It's a DANG GOOD THING I have sister-in-laws that LOVE me .... or maybe it's because they just want me to shut up about sewing on buttons.... either way - they were a HUGE help... ok ok... the ONLY reason the towels got buttons - was because of them! THANK YOU!!!!!THANK YOU!!!!! 
There are a lot of towels there....
















I made 6 sets like this -
One towel for every month.... 
(a couple are missing Feb. & March, because I couldn't "really" decide if I should do this or not... so I still have a few "IOU's" out there for Feb. & March towels.... As long as my sister-in-laws save me again... (in the button department)  I'm sure I can get them done shortly... :))
 
 These two I think are my favorite... :) 
I LOVE the fall colors... and gingerbread people!


Then, I got another WILD hair and decided that if I were going to give "dish towels" I needed to have "washing cloths" to go with them... right???? 
So, I started sewing dish cloths... 
I think I'm going to see about getting something for my A.D.D.... 
Seriously! I would have had my Christmas done, had I stopped getting 
WILD hair ideas! And ADDING to my gifts...
Agh! Sometimes I just drive myself CRAZY!



 Then, this was probably one of my most favorite gifts...
Table Runners


 They were so FUN to do and simple too! 
No cutting (maybe just a little) but not much and talk about quick! 
They worked up in about 20-30 minutes - less the hand sewing time... 
Which again... sometimes involved BUTTONS and my hand (and eyes) will just not co-operate in that department ... so frustrating!

 Anyway, I ended up doing a "SET" of table runners...
One for every month, and a birthday one as well! 
(Only I forgot to take a picture of them BEFORE I wrapped them up and gave them away...
But this is the one for my table... I just love the little Gingerbread people! 
I'm hoping to sit down this weekend and finish my year's worth of table runners... 
SO SO SIMPLE!! 
SO SO CUTE! 
Or at least I think they are! 

All you need is 1/4 yard fabric for the "center and 1/2 yard fabric for the back and sides...
so so simple! 
I'm sure I'll be doing some more of these this coming year.... 

Well... that's all these "sleepy" eyes can do today.... 
I'll get the rest loaded and posted before too long...
BECAUSE...
It is nearly time to get your books ready and start planning 2011 Christmas! 
I'm so SUPER excited.... 

I'm already off to a great start! 
I've got my neighbor gifts all done for 2011! 
(We haven't delivered 2010 yet... but they are going out tomorrow....)

Sneak peak... 

We are making little bags with a "$" sign on them and a tag attached that says 
"Now that Christmas is over, we heard you could use a little extra dough."
And inside the bag is a roll of homemade cookie dough.
This way they can bake them when they want to instead of having so many "treats" hanging around through the holidays that end up getting tossed because you can't possibly eat them all fast enough...AND... I don't have to spend HOURS and HOURS baking COOKIES that never get delivered... :) (Am I the only one that has that problem?)
At least that is the case at our house, except for the past few years.... 
I think that "goody" plates have become a thing of the past... 
BUT- who can't use a "Little extra dough" after Christmas??? 
WHO???? 


Well... time for some shut eye... 
Get your books out and...
Let's get ready for 2011!
It is going to be "HEAVEN!".... 
HEE HEE HEE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's like CHRISTMAS everyday when I unwrap your kind words! I just LOVE getting secret messages!!! I really have the BEST bloggy friends ever!