Ever find yourself really wishing you had more time to get ready for Christmas... December just seems to SNEAK up on you? Well, maybe we can make a difference... together!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Bye~Bye October.....

HELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO November!!!! 

Could we just go back to October... for just a little... perhaps another 30 days????  
I loved October! It is so BEAUTIFUL! Love the colors! LOVE the smells!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE October! (of course, you already know that!)  BUT.... I will admit.... I am REALLY excited to look into November too! (and anxious to put away the spider webs, mummies and creepy-crawling things!!!- November means more colors... at least INSIDE my house... so I'm ok with that!)  I surely hope it SLOWS down... just a bit! I have so much to do still!

Well, as we put away the JACK-O-LANTERNS.... and bring out the PUMPKINS I got thinking about my FAVORITE PUMPKIN TREATS!  (and I do have a few! :)) .... (but I've also committed myself to FIT-N-FAB by 50! starting today!) agh.... oh well!  Anyway.... I thought it would be appropriate to share some of my FAVORITE pumpkin recipes this week..... (and don't panic, I've still got CHRISTMAS on the brain!) These are some of our favorite holiday treats too - so of course they are on the "shopping" list for holiday baking.... Go ahead!  Grab some PUMPKIN and ENJOY!!! They are DELIGHTFUL!!!!! 

Mom's Pumpkin Cake 
(this is by far the BEST, MOIST, THICK, YUMMY(and easy!) pumpkin cake I have had! And trust me... I've tried a lot! :)) 
(excuse the PINK plate... it was the last one left... the rest of the plates were just crumbs....and it was the only piece of cake that was left too! I tell ya! Ya gotta hurry!) 

1 18.25 oz box yellow cake mix 
(I quite like Betty Crocker ;) ) 
1 15oz. can of solid packed pumpkin
(I use 1/2 the 29 oz. can, and the other 1/2 I use for...
that will be tomorrow's recipe, just cover it and put it in the refer!) 
3 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil 
2 tsp cinnamon 
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ground cloves 
(or you can do 1 TBSP pumpkin pie spice) 

In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, oil and spices.  Beat on low for 30 seconds, then on medium for 2 minutes.  Pour into a greased 9x13" baking dish.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.  Cool on a wire rack.  
FROSTING 
(the best!!!) 
1 stick softened butter (yes butter - no substitutions sorry...) 
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese - softened 
2-3 TBSP milk (to spreadable consistency) 
2 1/2 - 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar 
1 tsp vanilla 

Beat the softened butter for 3 minutes on high.  Add the cream cheese and beat on high until mixture is smooth and creamy.  Start with 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, vanilla and 2 TBSP milk, mix well. (Add additional powdered sugar and milk until reaches spreadable consistency).  Frost cake.  Store in refrigerator.  For added festive-ness, sprinkle slices with cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice VERY lightly.

And... beware... it will be gone before you know it! IT IS YUMMY!!!!!  


Oh... one more thing.... Be sure to come back... On November 7th.... well, before then would be nice too.... but...... I have a SURPRISE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's like CHRISTMAS everyday when I unwrap your kind words! I just LOVE getting secret messages!!! I really have the BEST bloggy friends ever!