Ever find yourself really wishing you had more time to get ready for Christmas... December just seems to SNEAK up on you? Well, maybe we can make a difference... together!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

THANK YOU! Just isn't enough some times!

WOW!!! What a week! .... WHO am I kidding???? WHAT A MONTH!!!!!  My goodness! 

But! I must say.......
I am so thankful for such AMAZING WONDERFUL AWESOME people!.... in blog land!!!!!  You have done a great service this week and I simply can not thank you all enough!!!!  

Jonquil - I LOVE your JAMMIE tradition!  I would always make certain that my children had new jammies and slippers for Christmas morning.... But now.... Thanks to an amazing SISTER-IN-LAW, she takes care of that (as you know from my post) I no longer need to stress over JAMMIES...but sometimes (ok every year!) I wish I were a kid!!!! I would LOVE some nice, warm, cuddly, soft jammies!!! 

Karan - I too love the CHRISTMAS LIGHT RIDE!  And... I REALLY love your cookie/candy weekend tradition!  I have searched for the past 3 years to find someone that could teach me how to make hand-dipped chocolates... you know.... the kind with the "creamy" centers... hand dipped in YUMMY chocolate!  I have not found a "teacher" (or taker :)) yet!  You wanna volunteer??? :)   And... I just may borrow (I don't like to steal.... ) your "BIRTHDAY Party" for our Savior idea!  LOVE IT! 

Michelle - WOW!!! We have a LOT of the same favorite traditions! :)  I am going to look for "The boy who laughed at Santa Claus:" poem... I am certain that it needs to be added to my Christmas story/poem collection!  I LOVE your new tradition too!!!  I just may have to copy that too!!! I know one thing for sure - you convinced me that I need MUST HAVE Christmas plates! (I've been pleading my case for a couple years now... I think this has officially ended the "case!"  Thank you! ;) )

Lindsay - Thank you for reminding me about the ELF!  We use to have a ELF visit our house every night from Dec. 1 - Dec. 20 - He visited when I just had my first 2 or 3 children - then I think we OVERWHELMED him.. or scared him away.... whichever..... I LOVED the Elf!  He helped to keep us all motivated to be kind, help out, go the extra mile etc... all month long!  He even made sure to leave "COAL" when we weren't at our best... or what HE knew we could be!  I think I'll be sending a letter out to Mr. Elfy Tine this week!  See if we can EARN his visits back! OH! I hope he will accept!  :) 

OH MY GOODNESS!!!  I just have to say one more thing.... THANK YOU ALL for sharing!  You have all given me the extra "BOOST" that I really needed this week to stay focused and motivated!!!! Especially, after the past 19 days!  I was just about to throw in the towel.... slip back into my BAH-HUM-BUG sleeping bag and forget it all!!!!  BUT not no more!!!! NO SIREE!!!  Thank you all SO MUCH!  You will never know just how much you have helped me this week!  And to think that I don't even know you face to face!  What a blessing you all are! 

Jonquil.... thanks again for the "SHOUT OUT" on your blog this past week!  I was so touched that you would do such a kind thing!  SO SWEET OF YOU!!! Thank you!!!!  

Thank you all for keeping me on my toes.... I love to visit ALL of your blogs... and do so quite FREQUENTLY!  :)   Have a WONDERFUL WEEK!!!!    

Be sure to check out this weeks winner....s !!!! here!  :)  

CONGRATS TO YOU ALL !!! 
For SAVING Christmas for me!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nice comments. And you are more than welcome to barrow the Birthday Cake for Jesus. My parents always did it so I just carried on the tradition.

    My hubby is the one that likes doing the candies like those. I do all the different hard candies and fudge.

    Have to tell you how much my hubbie loves baking and doing candies. About 7 years ago in Oct. he had gotten caught in a machine at work. Lost his thumb so was off work. Come Vetrans' Day all county employees were given a paid holiday. All us cooks got together with the center director and went into the center for a cookie baking day. George got up that morning and asked if he could go with me. LOL Boy we sure got him busy dipping "Buckeyes " for us. The ladies I worked with were so impressed that he wanted to come help us out and we all had so much fun..

    Karan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw you at All is Bright and loved the name of your blog! So here I am...enjoying your blog! Warm southern hugs, Diane ♥

    ReplyDelete

It's like CHRISTMAS everyday when I unwrap your kind words! I just LOVE getting secret messages!!! I really have the BEST bloggy friends ever!