Ever find yourself really wishing you had more time to get ready for Christmas... December just seems to SNEAK up on you? Well, maybe we can make a difference... together!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Punkin...punkin....punkin......

You can NEVER have too much PUNKIN.... Can ya!?!?! 

Well..... not here!  (I think that we have established it as a VEGETABLE ... and so therefore... it is GOOD for you - right?!?!?! :)) 

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread 

3 cups flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
4 eggs 
2 cups sugar
2 cups canned pumpkin 
1 1/2 cups oil (again, I use applesauce!...sneaking in the fruit too! LOL!)
1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (of course!) 

In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.  In a separet bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil  Stir the pumpkin mixture into the dry ingredients just until moistened.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Pour into two greased 8x4" loaf pans.  Bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes, or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.  Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pans to wire racks and let completely cool.  Makes 2 loaves.  **See note**

**NOTE:  I hate having a partial can (29 oz) can of pumpkin left over, and I hate even more buying the 15 oz can of pumpkin (just not cost effective) so, for this recipe I will again use 1/2 the can of the 29 oz. size - but... I usually end up making 2 batches of this and making the MINI-LOAVES to freeze and put away for neighbor gifts....now that is COST effective!!! I wouldn't recommend just DOUBLING the batch... mine never turn out - I play it save and just make 2 separate batches.... but you may be much more talented than I! Also I bake the mini loaves for about 45-50 minutes.  Each batch makes 3-4 mini loaves, depending on loaf pan size.... ENJOY!!!!

**Note: this is not my picture... I can't FIND mine... SERIOUSLY!!!!**
So, I borrowed from My Artful Life. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's like CHRISTMAS everyday when I unwrap your kind words! I just LOVE getting secret messages!!! I really have the BEST bloggy friends ever!