Ever find yourself really wishing you had more time to get ready for Christmas... December just seems to SNEAK up on you? Well, maybe we can make a difference... together!

Monday, October 25, 2010

SO SUPER EXCITED!

I woke to SNOW! YES SNOW on the ground this morning!  
Oh- it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! 

It is now LEGAL to play Christmas music - so CRANK it up LADIES!!! 
oh - and men!!!  :) 

I feel like I'm getting somewhere - finally!
I looked back at my list and it is dwindling! YEAH! 
Oh how I wish I had a camera- I'd post some pictures... 
Or wait! Maybe it is best I not have a camera!
It would certainly give away my "SURPRISE GIFTS!"
We surely don't want to SPOIL Christmas for anyone now do we???? 

I've been checking my list 
and reviewing my list 
 and yes! Even re-vamped my list!
BUT for the better! 
SO EXCITING! 

I just can't wait to set up the tree and place my wrapped packages underneath it! 
Some of these gifts have been in the "making" process for several months so it is so fun to see them "come to life!" I just can't wait! I'm getting so SUPER excited! 
I surely hope that they are received well....

This past week I was at our local home improvement store picking up so "wood" to create my gifts... 
And I was ever so grateful that they we willing to "cut" my wood for me ... I was having a heck of a time cutting 2" wood with my scroll saw.... agh! I bet I broke about 8 blades.... frustrating!
Anyway- while the kind gentleman was cutting my wood for me another older man asked me what I was doing with all the wood... I simply said "Oh, I'm making Christmas gifts with it."  He looked and seemed a bit puzzled and then said "do you mind me asking just what you are going to do with that wood, to make it a "GIFT?" I mean, I just don't see how you can make gifts with a piece of wood."... So I kindly explained to him what I was making,  He accepted it - then he said "do you mind me asking "why" you would want to make your Christmas gifts, isn't it easier to just "buy" a Christmas gift?"  Well, I was a little taken back by his question, but he seemed rather harmless - just curious - so, I said "Well, of course it is a "little" easier to just run out and buy a gift, but I feel like a homemade gift has more thought and meaning to it. A lot more personal. And... I enjoy making gifts, and for the most part, I think that the people that receive them enjoy getting homemade gifts as well.... (I know my sister-in-laws fight for me to have their name for Christmas...) plus, this way - they can't put a price tag on it - AND... they can't return it!" I kinda chuckled.  Well, he must of liked my answer because after about 3 minutes he said, "well, I think you are a very smart lady! And, that is a great idea.... do you mind if I copy your idea?"....  So I was pretty excited that a younger older man in his late 60's was impressed and willing to "try" and "attempt" homemade Christmas gift.... After my wood was cut, I noticed the older gentleman was purchasing the same wood I had just purchased
Funny.

Well, I must say - they turned out DARLING!  
I'm so super excited too!
With every gift I get done - I'm more and more excited! 

Stay tuned for pictures... I'll get this figured out SOON!
In the mean time... 
Get your HOLDIAY BAKING hats on!
I'm working on my BAKING grocery list.... 
I'm so afraid I'm going to gain back the 30 pounds I've taken off! 
So... I've decided that I'm going to be "making"...and all the while someone will be receiving my goodies... and it WON'T BE MY HIPS! 

I just LOVE holiday baking! 
SOOOO excited! .

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's like CHRISTMAS everyday when I unwrap your kind words! I just LOVE getting secret messages!!! I really have the BEST bloggy friends ever!