Ever find yourself really wishing you had more time to get ready for Christmas... December just seems to SNEAK up on you? Well, maybe we can make a difference... together!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Santa's Workshop.... needs some advise.....

Santa's workshop is in full swing around here - (yep! It's official... no-one enters the pig sty house no-one exits the pig-sty house until further notice!)  and I surely hope that MRS CLAUS, I mean "I" loose some weight through all this HUSTLE and BUSTLE-ING around!!! It would be OH SO NICE!!! In fact! That would be the BEST Christmas present ever! OH I'm hoping!!!!!

Got the saw out tonight.....and please excuse me for my sneezing!  It's a DUSTY job out there! I think I'll be sniffling and sneezing for a few months now.... and of course it is in the eyes, in the hair... and down the front of my shirt too!!!  It's gonna be CRaZy!   After cutting "SOME" wood tonight.... 
(OH I can't believe that I'm even saying this.....)
PLEASE do NOT utter a word to MR about this... 
PROMISE?!?!?! 
But I need some advise... some help.... some something!
Remember... You PROMISED! No WORDS uttered!  
I have a band saw - HATE IT!!!! I've only used it 2 times, the 2nd time the blade FLIPPED off - SCARED the livin' daylights out of me - and I haven't touched it since!  (That was at LEAST 7 years ago!) ... 
I burned out my scroll saw - LOVED IT!!! about 4 years ago ... 

Oh it was so lonely and hard not having a saw...
I mean a SCROLL saw.... I refused to use the band saw!  

Last year for Mother's day, I was given a NEW RYOBI scroll saw - 
OH I WAS IN HEAVEN AGAIN!!!!! 
I LOVE my scroll saw!!!

Have I told you that?? ... sorry if I have - short term 'TIS THE SEASON' memory loss! My scroll saw is GREAT for most projects.... but after tonight... cutting out 50 3.5x3.5x2" blocks... and I have a bazillion  - (you think I'm kidding... I'm not... well, maybe a bit exaggerated... but it is close) still to cut... I'm really thinking I need, really  NEED (no "wanting" at all involved in this matter)...
NEED one of these....

 or....
Now... here is the problem...
I don't know which one is really the RIGHT one - if either of them are...
I have lots (bazillions) of 2x4s to cut, 2x2's and 4x4's..... 
So... do I need a "CHOP SAW" or a "MITER SAW".... 
OR.... 
am I completely wrong... and do I need just a simple 
SKILSAW? 
I know what you are thinking... 
"IF you just talk to your MR about this - I'm sure he knows EXACTLY what you will need ...."
And... You're ABSOLUTELY right! 
HE WOULD!
But... that is the problem...
He would run right out tomorrow and PURCHASE one! 
JUST. 
LIKE.
THAT!
and.... we can't afford one...
I just want to dream..... wish... hope...whine... complain..... WANT one!
That's all.
So... while I'm doing something... 
Anyone have any ideas on what I really want need?
I'd love your input.... 
I really would. 
In the mean time... 
I guess I'll head back to Santa's work shop my garage and freeze my big tooshy (I wish I could FREEZE it off! - but instead it will just freeze!) and cut away and try to dwindle down my bazillion blocks needed to closer to a million....by morning..... and we'll see if the police show up on my doorstep telling me I'm violating the "noise ordinance...." hmmmmm... 
"TIS THE SEASON people! 
It happens every year! Get use to it!"
(I say with a smile...)



Stay tuned....
6 weeks ....it's coming REALLY fast!!!!! 
See ya in the morning!
6 week countdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's like CHRISTMAS everyday when I unwrap your kind words! I just LOVE getting secret messages!!! I really have the BEST bloggy friends ever!